As I was messing with the animal page, I got curious about what all the recolors/holiday versions would look like grouped together, so. For now, I'm just doing this for my own amusement/dismay at how many there are lol.
I'm not saying special versions are always bad.
- Some players like how the new versions look better than the regular - plus some have more/better animations.
- Sometimes the holiday version, or whatever, is cheaper than the regular
- Some players really like a particular animal and would be happy to have several versions of them in their village.
- Some players might not display all versions of an animal, but they might appreciate there being a limited version of an animal that they could display instead of the regular one.
- Really well-known color variations don't bother me as much (like the different kinds of bears and big cats, or the horses and zebras, or even "red-nosed reindeer") bc they don't seem quite as arbitrary.
- Sometimes releasing a recoloration of a limited animal is a way of letting more players have a certain animal, but retaining the 'status' of those who have the original in their village.
- And on another note, I wish there was a special version of the beaver, bc I like how they look and I'd like to keep them displayed, but their recharge time is so short that they constantly have the coin symbol over their head and that annoys me - a version with a longer recharge time would be great. Same with the trunkless start, imo.
But yeah, there are an awful lot of them, and most players aren't going to like all of them, so they can be a bit of a drag.
Animals with Recolorations/Holiday Versions
|12 World cup bonycaps|
12 world cup